The #AllstatePrepSweepstakes Promotion Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR QUOTE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, QUOTE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sweepstakes Entry Period: The #AllstatePrepSweepstakes Promotion (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Wednesday, December 21, 2016, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Void wherever else prohibited by law. Employees of Allstate Insurance Company (the “Sponsor”) and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of, and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by these Official Rules and Sponsor and Sweepstake’s Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, participants must follow @Allstate on Twitter at www.twitter.com/allstate and post a Tweet, including the hashtag #AllstatePrepSweepstakes within the Tweet, that describes how he/she is prepared for potential bad weather in his/her area (the “Description”) using his/her personal, public Twitter account (the “Entry”). Description may be in the form of a graphic, photo, video or text.
Entrant’s Twitter settings must be public. Tweets from private Twitter accounts will not be eligible and may not be received by Sponsor. Tweets not received by the Sponsor will not be entered into the Sweepstakes. Entries that are deleted from the Entrant’s Twitter account prior to February 15, 2017 will be disqualified. If a Tweet is more than one post in length it will be considered as one (1) entry with the first post considered the Twitter Entry. By submitting an Entry, Entrants agree to be subject to and comply with Twitter’s Terms of Service. Creating a Twitter account is free. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc.
IMPORTANT: MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY TO USE OF MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
Limit: One (1) Entry per person regardless of method of entry. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Entries will not be returned or acknowledged. Once an Entry is submitted it cannot be modified by an Entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, garbled, inaccurate, invalid, misdirected, undelivered, or delayed Entries. No altered or incomplete Entries will be accepted. Sponsor may disqualify any Entry if the Entry and related comment or content includes inappropriate, offensive or other derogatory language, content or information. Sponsor reserves the right to remove, reject or disqualify (along with the entrant who submitted such Entry) any Entry which, in its opinion violate any of these Official Rules or are otherwise inappropriate for inclusion in the Sweepstakes.
4. Entry Requirements and Conditions: All Entries must comply with the following minimum guidelines to be eligible:
- Entry must describe how entrant is prepared for potential bad weather is his/her area;
- Entries must include the hashtags #AllstatePrepSweepstakes;
- Entrants are required to follow @Allstate on Twitter;
- Entry content must conform to the format and size requirements and limitations of Twitter as applicable;
- Entry cannot contain content that is irrelevant to the purpose of the Sweepstakes;
- Each submitted Entry must be original;
- No duplicate Entries may be submitted;
- By submitting any content created by a third party, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she has secured all rights and clearances to the content from the creator;
- Entry cannot be profane, pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive or contain nudity;
- Entry cannot be violent or promote or include firearms/weapons;
- Entry cannot promote or include alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco;
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about people, brands, products or companies;
- Entry cannot contain content that defaces or depicts any person, brand, product or company in a negative or inappropriate manner;
- Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group or be derogatory to any ethic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- Entry cannot include trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Entry cannot include copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical “samples”) without permission;
- Entry cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than Entrant, without permission;
- Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
- Entry cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
By submitting an Entry, the Entrant understands and grants to the Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully sublicensable worldwide license to reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, display, transmit, perform, make available, and otherwise use his/her Entry in any and all media now known or hereafter invented worldwide without compensation, permission, attribution or notification.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant warrants and represents that: (a) Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity; (b) Entrant has obtained written permission from any person who may appear in the Entry; (c) Entrant owns all rights in and to the Entry, including without limitation, copyrights, and has received prior written permission from a third party if any content created or owned by a third party is included in the Entry; and (d) Entrant will indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor and related entities, agents and assigns from any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to the breach or alleged breach of your representations and warranties herein, the Entry, or Entrant’s conduct in creating the Entry, the acceptance or use of any prize or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any other persons appearing or who are otherwise identifiable in the Entry consents to the submission and the use of the Entry. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter, change or modify any Entry or its contents.
ENTRIES POSTED TO TWITTER ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SHOULD SPONSOR DECIDE TO POST (OR RE-POST, AS THE CASE MAY BE) ANY ENTRY, SUCH ACTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY REPRESENTATION BY SPONSOR THAT THE PERSON SUBMITTING SAME IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR IS A WINNER OF A PRIZE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; NOR DOES SUCH POSTING/RE-POSTING OF ENTRY OTHERWISE OBLIGATE OR BIND SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER.
5. Prizes/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
Grand Prize: There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won of a Grand Prize Emergency Preparedness Kit. The ARV of Grand Prize is: $485.
First Prizes: There are two (2) First Prizes available to be won of a First Prize Emergency Preparedness Kit. The ARV of First Prize is: $193 each.
Total ARV of all prizes available to be won: $871.
6. Random Drawing: The potential Grand and First Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about January 15, 2017, from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period by US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company, an independent agent of the Sponsor whose decisions are final.
7. Winner Notification: The potential winners will be notified by the Sponsor on/around January 16, 2017, via direct message to his/her Twitter account (the “Initial Notification”). To begin the prize claim process, the potential winner must respond as instructed to the Initial Notification with his/her full name, home and mailing address, and email address within 48 hours after the Initial Notification. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. The prize package will be awarded within 4-6 weeks after the winner is verified.
Sponsor is not responsible for any change to Twitter account, email address, phone number and/or mailing address of entrant. If winner notification is returned as undeliverable or if the selected winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, or he/she is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
8. Prize Conditions: All expenses related to the acceptance or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of prize winner.
Grand and First Prize Emergency Preparedness Kit contents to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-assignable or transferable, except to a surviving spouse of the winner. No substitution is permitted except if prize or prize component is unavailable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of each winner. Once any prize component has been delivered to the winner’s residence, the prize component is considered awarded.
The winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if applicable.
Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission to use each winner’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
Prizes are awarded “as is”. Winner acknowledges that the Sponsor and all other businesses affiliated with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered, except that any merchandise prize shall be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty (if any and if applicable).
PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND THE RECEIPT AND/OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OFFERED IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ADMINISTRATOR SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
9. General: Although subsequent attempts to enter may be received, only the first complete Entry received from a particular entrant will be eligible; subsequent attempts by the same person to enter will be disqualified.
Participating entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Administrator, and release the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Administrator and their affiliated companies, and all other businesses involved in this Sweepstakes, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each (the “Released Parties”), from all claims and liability relating to their participation in the Sweepstakes, and the acceptance and use/misuse of the prize offered. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use/misuse or redemption of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, Entry will be deemed submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the account used at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an account by the organization that is responsible for assigning accounts. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the Entry. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged or illegible Entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any phone or mobile network or at any website or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer, cell/mobile phone or other electronic device related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these official rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any Sweepstakes it sponsors any person it believes has violated these Official Rules; and (ii) withdraw a method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system/network malfunction impairs its ability to conduct the Sweepstakes). If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, at which time, Sponsor may determine the winner from among all eligible Entries received at the time of the Sweepstakes termination.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois or the appropriate Illinois State Court located in Cook County, Illinois U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Official Rules Request: To request a copy of these Official Rules, see http://smarturl.it/PrepSweepstakes or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 01/10/17, to: The #AllstatePrepSweepstakes Promotion Official Rules Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625-0466.
13. Winner Confirmation Request: For a written confirmation of the winner (available after 01/21/17), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (no later than 01/21/17), to: The #AllstatePrepSweepstakes Promotion Winner Confirmation Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625-0466.
14. Sponsor: Allstate Insurance Company, 2775 Sanders Road, Northbrook, Illinois 60062.
15. Administrator: US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company (the “Sweepstakes Administrator”), 625 Panorama Trail, Suite 2100, Rochester, NY 14625.
Void where prohibited.
©2016 Allstate Insurance Company. All rights reserved.