As Wildfire Threatens, Allstate Offers Advice for Southern California Residents
RANCHO CORDOVA, Ca. (December 8, 2017) – With wildfires burning in Southern California, Allstate is already responding and bringing claim personnel into the areas to help customers. Right now, safety comes first.
If evacuations may soon be a possibility or are already underway, consider monitoring messages and information from local authorities. Whether you are a customer of Allstate or not, it’s important you and your family stay safe. Allstate has a long history of helping people rebuild their lives after a disaster strikes. In connection with the Insurance Institute on Building and Home Safety, here are a few ways to make sure you’re prepared when a wildfire threatens.
Before leaving home…
- Gather important documents such as insurance policies, birth certificates and identification.
- If it’s safe to do so, conduct a home inventory of your property. You can even use Allstate’s free Digital Locker app to help keep track of belongings, model numbers and stores where items were purchased.
- Contact your local agent to review your policy. Determine whether your policy provides for additional living expenses if you’ve been evacuated from your home under orders of local civil authorities.
- Prepare an emergency supply kit including a supply of water, non-perishable food, radio and batteries, flashlight and a first-aid kit.
If leaving home…
- Develop an evacuation plan that includes at least two exit routes from the neighborhood. Choose a route away from fire hazards and watch for changes in the speed and direction of fire and smoke.
- Be aware of information provided by local authorities and law enforcement on when to evacuate and when it is safe to return home.
- Close windows, vents, doors, Venetian blinds or non-combustible window coverings and heavy drapes.
- Notify neighbors, family and friends of your intended destination, and exchange contact information.
Allstate is here to help.
Allstate has claim adjusters on the ground in the affected areas ready to help customers in California and is currently setting up Mobile Claim Centers (locations will be updated on our website).
Allstate customers whose homes or automobiles have been damaged or destroyed by these wildfires can file a claim using one of the following methods:
- Visit Allstate claim personnel onsite at one of the available locations
- Call or visit a local Allstate agent
- Call Allstate at 1-800-54-STORM (1-800-547-8676)
- Report a claim online or file your auto claim using QuickFoto Claim
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation’s largest publicly held personal lines insurer, protecting approximately 16 million households from life’s uncertainties through auto, home, life and other insurance offered through its Allstate, Esurance, Encompass and Answer Financial brand names. Allstate is widely known through the slogan “You’re In Good Hands With Allstate®.” Allstate agencies are in virtually every local community in America.
# # #